We are pleased to be reopening our Practice again to patients next week. But in doing this we have had to make some changes to the way we operate:
- Due to social distancing requirements we will have to operate on a reduced schedule with a reduced staff level. This will limit the amount of available appointments each day, particularly during before and after school times.
- We have had to cancel many patients appointments due to the closure. We will be rescheduling all patients by their appointment type in order of their previously scheduled appointment.
- We will be prioritising the treatment of patients in active treatment, particularly those who have had their appointments cancelled.
- As we are working hard to schedule our patients who are in treatment and who have had appointments cancelled due to the recent closures into reduced schedules we are only scheduling for these patients for next week. We will review the following weeks schedule after this. So please bear with us at this time. We will have more information about the following week soon.
- Appointments and visitors will strictly be by appointment only.
- The practice will only be open on patient days, Tuesdays to Fridays. The practice will be closed on Mondays.
- This week our Practice is still officially closed and our staff are working remotely so will have difficulty answering calls. If you are awaiting a call from us to reschedule an appointment please have your phone nearby so that we can contact you to ensure we can schedule an appointment.
We will be emailing each patient an important information sheet on booking their appointment. Patients and Parents must fully read this information sheet on booking their appointment. This sheet does outline changes to procedures and can result in appointments being cancelled if the patients do not follow the procedures. As we are prioritising the health and safety of our staff and visitors and fairness to our patients it will be your responsibility to ensure you follow these procedures as we will not be able to compromise on any of these.
Below you will find a copy of this information sheet:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS AND VISITORS TO
AMANDA LAWRENCE ORTHODONTICS
There are changes you need to be aware of, including the cancellation of some scheduled appointments. To see if this affects you, you are required to fully read and act upon the information in this sheet when scheduling, confirming and attending appointments.
The health and safety of our staff and patients is our highest priority.
We will be working to a reduced schedule with a minimum staff to meet the requirements of social distancing this will also mean that we will need to limit the visitors to the practice at any time.
Whilst our infection control procedure in the clinic will continue to be of the highest possible standard we will be implementing further infection control procedures that all visitors will be required to partake in.
Unfortunately due to limited schedules and staffing due to social distancing and increased infection control measures we may experience delays at times in our schedule for this we do apologise but ask for your patience.
These changes in our procedures WILL affect visitors to our Practice:
- You will receive a text to confirm your appointment 1-2 days prior to your scheduled appointment.
- You will need to text Y to confirm your appointment, by texting Y you will also be agreeing that you meet the medical requirements outlined below. If you do not meet these medical requirements you CAN NOT attend the appointment so you will be required to call our rooms on 95216500 to reschedule your appointment.
- If your situation changes between confirming and attending your appointment in regards to meeting the medical requirements or been able to attend the appointment you must call us on 95216500 to reschedule the appointment.
- Unconfirmed appointments WILL BE CANCELLED 3 hours prior to their scheduled appointment time. Due to social distancing our schedule has been reduced so all potential appointment times need to be made available to patients.
- Visitors to the practice are limited to the patient only, one accompanying adult is permitted only when the patient is unable to attend by themself.
- If you arrive early for an appointment text reception on 0460 005 001 on arrival from the number we can contact you on. Please wait for us to contact you, we will call or text you as soon as we can see you. Please make sure you are nearby.
- There will be a few seats available outside (weather permitting) but these will be limited and will be for patients only.
- We are providing hand sanitiser at the front door, everyone entering the practice is asked to use this as they enter.
- All patients will be required to have an anti bacterial mouth rinse. This will be provided in the surgery prior to any treatment being done.
- If the patient or any accompanying person is not feeling well in any way please cancel the appointment, we will reschedule it for a later time .
MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDING APPOINTMENTS AND VISITING THE PRACTICE
The appointment CAN NOT GO AHEAD if:
- The patient/visitor or anyone from their household has returned from overseas travel within the last 14 days
- The patient/visitor or anyone from their household feels unwell, including but not limited to symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath.
- The patient/visitor or anyone from their household has had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- The patient/visitor or anyone from their household has tested positive for COVID-19