Updated : 23rd March 2020 9.45am
An update from Amanda,
Dear Patients and Families,
Following recent updates relating to government and health requirements we have implemented the following within our practice.
We are working with the aim to follow social distancing protocols in the waiting room. At this stage they are not required in the clinic where infection procedures are being followed as per government and health care policies.
Please keep checking our Facebook page and or website www.amandalawrence.com.au to see updates as they become available.
- All retention and pre treatment review appointments will be cancelled at this stage. However we will be seeing patients who are in active treatment and emergencies.
- Patients who are in retention are advised to continue wearing their retainers as instructed at their last appointment and to call us if they have an emergency and are needing to be seen.
- We can only have 4 patients in the waiting room at any time so one parent can be present if necessary but no siblings.
- Patients will be called the day prior to their appointment to undergo a health screening questionnaire. Any accompanying person will also need to undergo this health screening questionnaire prior to attending the practice.
- If you arrive early for an appointment and cannot be seen straight away, we ask you to wait in your car but leave a contact number at reception.
- There will be a few seats available outside, but these will be limited and will be for patients only.
- We will not be rescheduling appointments at this time so please only call us if you have an emergency. We need to keep our phone lines clear to be able to schedule these essential appointments.
- It would be appreciated if you could let us know if you were not attending your appointment by responding N to the SMS.
- As soon as we have had advice from the government that enables us to start rescheduling appointments we will update our Facebook and Website to let you know.
- If you or your accompanying person do not feel well please cancel your visit to the practice, we will be able to reschedule this visit later.
- If you or your accompanying person have been overseas within the last 14 days please cancel your visit, we will be able to reschedule this visit later.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at the front door, we ask everyone entering to use this as they enter.
We do apologise for any inconvenience. As we all know these are unprecedented times and we wish to look after our staff, patients and community as best we can. Wishing everyone good health.
The appointment will be cancelled if:
- The patient or the accompanying person has returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days.
- The patient or the accompanying person feels unwell, including but not limited to symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath.
- The patient or the accompanying person has had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.